Wanting to know the truth of our reality

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Bananafish

Re: Wanting to know the truth of our reality

Postby Bananafish » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 pm

It doesn’t necessarily feel separate from the food in the pan but it doesn’t feel unified with it either.

Who is the one that is feeling this?
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.
Email: swinganova@hotmail.co.jp
LU Interview: https://www.liberationunleashed.com/res ... ith-kento/

skb

Postby skb » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Hey! Sorry for the slow reply. I’m on a little vacation with my dad so I’ve been having a lot less phone / computer time.

As per who’s feeling that sensation it doesn’t necessarily have a feeling of ownership attached to it. There isn’t really much feeling there it’s more an experience of being, sort of in the moment or the flow of things.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi. :) No worries about the delay!

Are "perceiving" and the things perceived separate?
Can one exist without the other?
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Are "perceiving" and the things perceived separate?
It seems like for perceiving to happen there has to be something there to be perceived. You can't really have the action of perceiving without something to perceive or do the perception.
Can one exist without the other
Well no not really. If there's nothing to perceive there's no perceiving happening. If I think about sound you can't hear a sounds that isn't played out loud and if it isn't heard there's no way to percieve it's there.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:50 pm

What is it that perceives?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:06 am

The thing that perceives is awareness itself or consciousness. At least that’s how it seems since there’s no real processing or feeling associated with perception happening in the moment.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:24 am

Not "seems", but what is it, really?

Could you take a bit more time, (and not answer quickly, as you are not obliged to do so)
and investigate it?

What is it, when you aren't even thinking about it?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:16 am

Okay sounds good. Thank you, I will investigate!

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi. :) How's the investigation going?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Hey, it's going well :)
What is it, when you aren't even thinking about it?
Its kinda like a blank space that's the room for perceiving, it all seems like it just happens. When there's no real thinking or processing happening it just is within the space of awareness without any action to be as such. Its like there's something undernear, behind, or before the action of conscious thinking or labeling and that's doing the perceiving.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Are perceiving, perceiver, and perceived something different from each other?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:53 pm

This question is a bit hard for me since a while ago I read Jed Mckenna's Theory of Everything and he talks about this in the book. So I have information inside of me that they're not separate but I don't want another belief. I've been trying to look as close as I can at it so it's from experience, not just something I read in a book.

I was thinking about this question and trying to look at my experience as my partner and I were driving around the shoreline yesterday. The road was lined with trees and they would come and go out of my visual field as we drove. If I only looked directly at what's happening it seems that the trees would only exist when I could see them. I have no way of proving they're there if I couldn't sense them myself.

If I tie it back to perceiver — perceiving — percieved relationship the tree's can't be in my awareness unless they're perceived and there is perception happening. So in order for something to be in your consciousness/awareness this three part relationship has to be happening. Without one of the three you can't have the other two. It's like a triangle that falls apart without one side.

But the question here is are these three parts of the process of being aware of anything different from each other?

Well it seems like they are different (it feels like the insight is they're supposed to not be) but it seems like they are? It's hard to break that subject object habit from a life time of being.

For example it seems like I'm over here doing the percieving of the tree, at the same time perception is happening in the middle and at the other end the tree is the thing being perceived. Its hard to break feeling this is a linear process and they're three differnt parts that require each other to work.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Its hard to break feeling this is a linear process and they're three differnt parts that require each other to work.

Please suppose that all words regarding this have dropped. Is there anything, other than words,
that makes you "feel" it? What is it that you call what you "feel"?
the date.

skb

Postby skb » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Is there anything, other than words, that makes you "feel" it?

If there are no words...it all just is. It's raw experience. There is no real feeling there without the words. Interesting. All three pieces of perception are happening in unison. It's just one moment.
What is it that you call what you "feel"?
I could call it selfing or identifying though I can see I'm creating it but somehow the habit keeps happening even while I try and shine a light on it. It's like there's a part of me below the surface of the mind that wants to have this distance while at the same time in conscious thought wanting it to not be there. It's confusing.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:47 pm

it all just is. It's raw experience.
All three pieces of perception are happening in unison. It's just one moment.

What if you don't even think about these?

What remains?

I could call it selfing or identifying though I can see I'm creating it but somehow the habit keeps happening even while I try and shine a light on it. It's like there's a part of me below the surface of the mind that wants to have this distance while at the same time in conscious thought wanting it to not be there. It's confusing.

What is it, if you don't give it a name?
the date.

Return to “THE GATE”